Thursday, March 19, 2009

"A Little Faith"

I'm sorry to keep posting things that other people wrote in stead of something that I wrote. I mainly post these things for myself. But enjoy!

"It is not the quantity of your faith that shall save you. A drop of water is as much water as the whole ocean. In the same way a little faith is as much faith as the greatest. A child eight days old is as much man as one of sixty years. A spark of fire is as much fire as a great flame. A sickly man is as much living as a healthy man.
So it is not the measure of your faith that saves you — it is the blood that it grips to that saves you. The weak hand of a child that puts a spoon to his mouth will feed himself just as well as the strong arm of a man, because it is not the hand that nourishes them, it is the meat that nourishes him.
So if you can grip Christ ever so weakly, he will not let you perish. The weakest hands take a gift as well as the strongest. Now, Christ is this gift, and weak faith may grip him as well as strong faith, and Christ is as truly yours when you have weak faith, as when you have come to those triumphant joys through the strength of faith." --Welsh

From http://biblestudyplanet.com/livingwaters/?p=809

3 comments:

deliveredjude said...

I really loved this. Thank you.

TS said...

Come visit more often. Thank you for being my friend, even when I'm boring.

Word verification: applas - I never get the funny ones.

Andy Dale said...

Nic,

Thanks--glad you liked it!

Tim,

You are never boring! Especially with pizza in my mouth.